I’ve been creating and working with websites for about the past 8 years or so. Most recently, I started the first stages of designing a site for the library where I work.
Last night, I had my first web design dream. In fact, I had a small web design revelation last night — while I was sleeping. In my dream, I was working on the library website and I came up with what I think is a pretty good design idea. It wasn’t a big idea, just one for a particular aspect of the design. Is it conceited to be impressed with an idea your subconscious came up with?
Dreaming is something that I very much enjoy doing. Quite often, I find the experience similar to watching a really good movie. Be it conceited or not, the idea I had last night was a good one and I got a kick out of dreaming it into existence.
What a pleasure it was to see the sun shining in Madison after about a week or so of cloudy, overcast (and sometimes snowy) weather. It’s during this time of the year when I can understand how people can become depressed and suffer from things like seasonal affective disorder. During these months (late February, early March) I always feel like my batteries are in serious need of recharging. On days like today I genuinely get an emotional lift from the sun shine.
Continue reading Good day sunshine
There are a few things I’ve been pondering lately.
- Why does a meager two-inch overnight snowfall cause massive traffic jams during the morning commute in Madison?
- Bob Marley would have turned 60 years old a few days ago, were he still alive. Way back in the late 1970’s, his music served as my introduction to reggae music. I wonder how my music collection (and my fondness for reggae and other world music) would be different if Bob Marley hadn’t been around.
- Is it feed a cold, or starve a cold? With all the liquids I’ve been drinking (and subsequent bathroom visits) I’ve decided it should be drown a cold.
- Using Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft FrontPage at work only reinforces my dislike of Microsoft products. At least I’m able to use Firefox there.
- What are Asian beetles doing in North America? More importantly, what are they doing in my attic? Hopefully they aren’t inviting the African, Australian and the South American beetles to come over too.